Cookie Dough Lovers Beware! These Cookie Dough Eggrolls Are Addicting!
I’ve never claimed that my dessert recipes are healthy. And today isn’t the day I will start. I had a few left over eggroll wrappers left from dinner this week and instead of throwing them out, I started brainstorming. I was curious what sweet desserts I could create and the family would just adore. It’s no surprise to anyone that cookie dough is one of our favorite sweet treats. The minute the girls hear the mixer whirling around they come running with spoons. I LOVE cookie dough and I am quite guilty of indulging by eating half of the bowl myself.
Now, if you are uneasy about the raw eggs in cookie dough, they sell awesome pasteurized eggs in the grocery store. But, I feel, as long as the eggs are fresh and they have been kept cold-I am A-OK eating cookie dough with eggs in the mix. I mean, I grew up eating spoonfuls of this stuff and I think I turned out alright (well, maybe)…
Today, I have something that is incredible and you can probably just eat one and be prepared with that cold glass of milk by your side. Cookie Dough Eggrolls!!!!! Umm, yeh. I don’t think I need much of a description here. Super crunchy eggroll shells hiding an ooey-gooey goodness of warm cookie dough inside. Dress these cute rolls up with some powdered sugar, drizzled ganache and a pretty red strawberry on top and your guests will think you went to pastry school. Ok, get ready for this easy recipe and your new addiction.
Let’s start baking…
Cookie Dough Eggrolls
Yields: 12-14 depending (how much you fill them)
1/2 cup margarine with 80% vegetable oil
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tbsp instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup plus 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
1 cup of mini chocolate chips
1 package of eggroll wrappers, found in the vegetable section of your grocery store
vegetable oil for frying
water for sealing eggroll wrapper
*There is no baking soda in this recipe because we are not baking. No need.
1. Preheat vegetable oil in a large pot to 350 degrees. Fill pot half full so entire roll will be submerged.
2. In a mixer beat margarine and sugars until smooth.
3. Add in instant pudding mix and salt.
4. Mix in egg.
5. Stir in vanilla.
6. Mix in flour and then stir in mini chocolate chips. Place cookie dough in a ziplock bag or piping bag and snip off bottom about the size of your thumb for easy dispensing.
7. Place one egg roll wrapper so it resembles a diamond.
8. Squeeze about 3-4 tbsp of cookie dough in the center of the wrapper
9. Pull the pointed side of the wrapper that is closest to you over the cookie dough tightly. Seal the end with a bit of water on you finger.
10. Pull the sides over onto the center. Seal with water.
11. Roll the rest of the dough towards the last point. Seal in the center with water. Set aside.
12. Make as many as you desire to eat. Place one roll at a time in the oil. Fry for 2 minutes until golden brown.
13. Drain and place on paper towel to absorb oil.
1. Sprinkle the finished eggrolls with powdered sugar.
2. Make a simple ganache by microwaving 1/2 cup milk until almost boiling. Then add 1 cup chocolate chips and mix well until completely combined.
3. Zigzag ganache on top of each sugared roll.