Firecracker Cake Batter Brownies…Snap, Crackle, Pop! Plus, You Could Win A Chance To Bake-Off Live Against THE CAKE BOSS, Buddy Valastro!!!
Yeh, you read that title correctly, Cake Batter Brownies. And yeh, ya saw those Rice Krispie Treats on top of my already delicious and famous brownies. It’s kinda sick, the things I concoct in my brain, while I am watching the littles swim in the pool on these hot days. I love my ooey-gooey brownies and I love any flavor of MY Rice Krispie Treats ( and I call them mine because I created a recipe that is different than your usual marshmallowy treat, which we will get into later). Ok, so yeh….I’ve got a sweet tooth problem, now ya know (as if you didn’t already).
I felt like I had to up my brownie game after being on Food Network’s Spring Baking Championship. I got such stellar reviews on my original recipe from those ultra famous judges, that I wanted to out bake myself once again. These sweet bars come just in time for the 4th of July holiday. I also found these fun, 4th of July M&Ms at my local Target store…Ummm, no doubt I was buying a bag (or 3 or 4)! Are ya on the same path as me now? Rich, ooey-gooey brownies, cake batter Rice Krispie Treats swirled with 4th of July M&Ms. Here’s a napkin 🙂
Let’s get back to my Rice Krispie Treats game. These are so yummy and quite addictive and I have a secret—->cake mix.
Yup, whenever you find those “buy one-get one” sales, snatch up a few boxes because you will be making a variety of my Rice Krispie Treat recipes and experimenting on your own. Whatever your favorite cake flavor and depending on what else you plan on adding to the mix, you will be adding 1/2 to a whole cup of dry cake mix. YUMMO
Let’s start baking…
Firecracker Cake Batter Brownies
Yields: 12-18 brownies (depending on how generous you feel that day) 🙂
Ingredients for the brownies:
1 cup melted unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp instant espresso powder (brings out the chocolate flavor)
1 cup all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil and spray well with nonstick spray.
2. In a large glass bowl, mix melted butter and sugar.
3. Add in cocoa powder and instant espresso powder.
4. Mix in eggs one at a time.
5. Add in vanilla, then salt.
6. Finally, stir in the flour.
7. Pour in the lined pan smooth evenly as possible. Bake 350 degrees 25 minutes.
When brownies are pulled out of the oven, move on to the Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats.
Ingredients for the Firecracker Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats:
5 tbsp salted butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup white cake mix, heaping
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup of 4th of July M&Ms mix
1. In a medium pot on low heat, melt salted butter.
2. Stir in the marshmallows. When marshmallows are completely smooth and melted with butter, remove from heat.
3. Add in the heaping 1/2 cup of cake mix. Combine well. Add in the vanilla.
4. Mix in the Rice Krispies until well coated with the marshmallow mixture.
5. Stir in the M&Ms.
6. Pour the Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats over the warm (almost hot) brownies.
7. Spray your hand with nonstick spray and gently smash the Krispie Treats down evenly over the brownies. Don’t smash too hard we don’t want the Rice Krispies actually in the brownies. We want defined layers.
8. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy!!!!
PS: This is HUGE and EXCITING news!!!! The Americas Cake and Sugarcraft Fair that will be taking place in Orlando, Florida on September 18-20th, just announced that if you purchase tickets to the convention online at Cakefair.com you will be automatically entered in a drawing to win a chance to bake-off against Buddy Valastro live at the cake fair!!!!!
OMG, I would absolutely die of a heart attack. I’m not sure if I would even be able to focus because Buddy is one of my biggest baking idols EVER!!!!! I will be there with my fingers crossed that I am going to get a chance to bake against THE BOSS!!