Get Your Fill Of Ghirardelli Stuffed Chocolate Croissants And A Look Into Our Ultimate S’mores Party!
I’m in the ultimate countdown now! Only 9 days left until I leave to compete in Las Vegas at the 3rd World Food Championship! Squeee, you probably can’t even understand all of the overwhelming emotions I am having at this point. But all that jazz aside, it was time I surprised the family with some super yummy morning treats! Yeh, not very many people can say no to these, Chocolate Filled Croissants. I am swimming in Ghirardelli chocolates of all kinds, and no, that’s not a bad thing! Especially when you are die-hard Ghirardelli chocolate fans like my entire household!
The absurd quantity of Ghirardelli in our cupboards, baking cabinet, and freezer is due to the fact that we celebrated our Grand Prize winnings October 25th! I was fortunate enough to have my Ultimate S’mores Recipe chosen as the grand prize winner in Ghirardelli Chocolates Ultimate S’mores Contest! And after the long awaited wait, planning, and coordinating my family and friends got to partake in a Fall For S’mores Party at Orlando’s Hard Rock Hotel!!!! This was seriously a dream come true for my little ladies (not to mention my husband, I thought he would need a wheelchair as an escort down the chocolate table)! I truly enjoyed planning this party with Ghirardelli staff and making it a Fall theme and have all things surrounded by little ones. After all, I entered this contest solely to try and win just for my Ghirardelli hoarding husband and chocolate licking sticky fingered girls!
We were very generously given an amazing lunch catered by Loews Hard Rock Hotel, a Face Painter provided by Makeup By Renette, and a whole spread of make your own S’mores, which was accompanied by 3 of the best Ghirardelli Chocolatiers I could ever had asked for! Can you just imagine letting loose 40 kids and grown ups with every kind of delectable Ghirardelli Chocolate flavor known to man?! I lost count of how many times my little ladies visited the chocolate table (the husband too)! I will try not to bore you by posting WAY too many photos, but they are seriously AHHHmazing, so please bare with me 🙂
Being a Mom of young children, I know and understand how important it is to have entertainment. A simple lunch party just won’t keep those little hands out of trouble!
Momma took a time out of party hopping and socializing just to create a Pumpkin Spice Ghirardelli S’more of her own! YUMMY!
Ok, so now you’ve seen all the cutesy photos of our Ultimate S’mores Party! It’s now time to get down to the exciting stuff, Ghirardelli Chocolate Filled Croissants!
Let’s start baking…
Ghirardelli Chocolate Filled Croissants
Yields: 8 mini croissants
1 refrigerated roll of crescent rolls
8 of your favorite Ghirardelli Chocolate squares ( I used assorted minis, but the large will work too. You just need to play with the dough a bit more)
Nonstick butter spray
1. Place Ghirardelli chocolates in freezer for at least 6 hours. So, yes you will need to plan slightly ahead for this one!
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. Open and separate triangles of crescent dough.
4. Place 6 on a baking sheet. Open one Ghirardelli chocolate and place on the short side of the triangle.
5. Fold the end of the short side over the bottom of the chocolate square. We are going to wrap this guy like a present.
6. Fold the sides over the chocolate.
7. Now roll the chocolate and dough forward towards the long tip of the triangle. Press sides to make sure chocolate is sealed inside so it doesn’t leak out!
8. Do this for all 6 triangles. Generously spray each croissant with nonstick spray. And for added look you can add a garnish that matches the fillings. Example, I used sliced almonds for Ghirardelli’s sea salt and almond mini chocolate, cinnamon sugar sprinkle for the Ghirardelli pumpkin spice, and some coarse granulated sugar for the other flavors.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes until golden brown. Eat when warm!