Give Brunch A Twist With Bacon Wrapped Roasted Peach Skillet
This has been a super popular post on my Instagram account. Peaches are beautiful this time of year and I always have an abundance on hand. Today, I wanted to up the ante on brunch.
This cast iron skillet is filled with Black Pepper Maple Bacon Wrapped Peaches, sunny side up eggs, crumbly tangy blue cheese, pecans and fresh blueberries! It truly is a stunning dish to serve your family and guests!
Black Pepper Maple Bacon Wrapped Roasted Peach Skillet
Ingredients for the peaches:
- 6-8 fresh peaches, sliced into 6 wedges
- 1 package of bacon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a cookie cooling rack on top.
- Take each of the peach wedges and wrap a slice of bacon around each.
- Place on the rack. When all peaches are wrapped with bacon, place in oven and bake 40-50 minutes. Turn the peaches over about every 15 minutes to brown all sides of the bacon.
- In a bowl mix maple syrup, dark brown sugar, and cracked pepper to taste.
- Remove peaches from oven and while hot, brush maple syrup mixture all over ever side of each peach. Place back in oven about 10 minutes to crisp up further.
- Grab a 10″ cast iron skillet or whatever size you have on hand. Remove peaches from oven when bacon is crisped to your liking.
- Place each bacon wrapped peach in cast iron skillet and drizzle remainder of maple syrup mixture over. Put in a low heat oven to keep warm.
- Prepare eggs to your liking. My skillet was made for only 2 people, hence only 2 sunny side up eggs.
- Place your cooked eggs on top of the warm peach skillet.
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Fresh blueberries
- Toasted pecans
- Torn basil leaves