It’s almost game day! Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dumplings!
Woohoo! NFL begins this week and I have the best semi homemade, super easy game day dessert. These are a dream for those Oreo and Nutter Butter cookie lovers. I had a ton of half empty bags of Oreo cookies laying around. Plus, y’all will remember me saying that I always have these wonton wrappers hidden in the fridge.
I guarantee these are a show stopper at your next tailgate! My Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Dumplings swirl together Oreos and Nutter Butter cookies with cool, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Which are then deep fried to a golden brown for an unforgettable sweet crunch. These decadent dumplings are reminiscent of something you would pick up at the county fair while strolling around. Yes, they are deep fried, but way worth every calorie.
Let’s start baking…
Ooey-Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dumplings
1 cup (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups Oreo crumbs
1 cup Nutter Butter cookie crumbs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
32 wonton wrappers (found in produce section of grocer)
water for sealing wonton edges
Vegetable oil for frying
Powdered sugar and chocolate ganache
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixer beat cream cheese until smooth. Then add in powdered sugar.
3. Combine well until no lumps, scrapping sides periodically.
4. Mix in vanilla.
5. Stir in all cookie crumbs.
6. Take one wonton wrapper and with a point towards your belly (diamond shaped), place one tbsp of mixture in center.
7. Wet edges of wonton wrapper with dabs of water, fold over filling, forming a triangle.
8. Press firmly, sealing mixture so there is no oozing.
9. Fry in 375 degree oil 30-45 seconds on each side until golden brown.
10. Remove and allow to drain on paper towel.
11. Before serving, garnish with dusting of powdered sugar and drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired.