Lookie Lookie It’s A Brookie
I’m trying to keep my blog posts sweet and simple! I love visiting blogs or websites and not having to scroll down a ton to find the recipe. So, unless I have something ridiculously cute or profound to say…keep it easy is the key.
Have you ever had a Brookie? They are amazing! Everything you love about chocolate chip cookies and brownies, swirled together in one bite. Here we go, enjoy your new dessert obsession.
Ingredients for chocolate chip cookie dough:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 package French vanilla dry instant pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a mixer beat butter and shortening until well combined and smooth.
- Add in both sugars and beat on high about 2 minutes until fluffy. Remember to scrape bowl intermittently.
- Mix in dry pudding mix.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla bean paste.
- Stir in baking soda and salt.
- Mix in flour followed by chocolate chips.
- Set dough aside and make brownie batter.
Ingredients for brownie batter:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Melt butter in a microwaveable bowl.
- Mix in sugar and cocoa powder and combine well.
- Add in eggs followed by salt and vanilla
- Mix in flour until thick batter forms.
Brookie dough method:
- Grab a medium size ice cream scooper or food disher. I have many sizes and prefer a large Brookie. Mine holds about 4 tbsp. of dough.
- Using the scooper, scoop half of the cookie dough into the scooper followed by the brownie batter.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and put in freezer at least 2 hours or until frozen all the way through.
- When brookie dough is frozen, preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake frozen cookie dough balls (1-2″ apart) for 12-16 minutes. Cookies will continue baking on the pan even while cooling.