Mini Mason Jar S’mores Shakes…That Makes Me The Most Awesome Mommy!
Three of my sweet little ladies are attending gymnastics summer camp this week and they are loving it! I won’t lie, I am actually loving it too because they come home at 3:30 and are pretty much exhausted. After I dropped the gymnasts at camp, I stopped in to browse Old Time Pottery. I LOVE this store. It is extremely dangerous for my wallet, especially with the isles of glassware, tableware, and let’s not even talk about the unique bakeware! Anyway, I came across these tiny mason jar mugs for only $0.89! They are too cute. The mini mason jars are made of glass, have handles, and only hold 4 ounces of liquid! They make the perfect, fancy mug for my little ladies. And I knew just what to fill them with. I wanted the girls to know that momma missed them even though they are gone for only 6 hours. I also thought these ice cold shakes would be a nice treat in this 100+ degree weather.
These are the most amazing and creamy mini sweet shakes you can imagine! My recipe for the perfect Ghirardelli chocolate s’mores shake is the perfect mini treat. Mini S’mores Shake has the perfect ratio of creamy vanilla ice cream, crushed graham crackers, and Ghirardelli Mini Chocolate Chips blended together. I then pour in a little melted Ghirardelli chocolate on top of the shake, which gives my Mini S’mores Shake an even richer flavor! Next smash in a marshmallow and toast it with a kitchen torch. Drizzle some more of that melted Ghirardelli chocolate and break apart a graham cracker for that eye catching garnish. Tah-dah!
Mini Mason Jar S’mores Shake
Yields: about 2 1/2 cups of shake
1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
1 cup Ghirardelli Mini Chocolate chips
1/2 cup of milk plus 1 tbsp
1. In a blender, liquefy ice cream, graham crackers, mini Ghirardelli chips, and milk (reserve the 1 tbsp of milk for later use).
2. Stop when it is a consistency you like. You may add more milk for a thinner shake. Pour in mini mason jars.
3. Melts about a half cup of mini Ghirardelli chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl about 30 seconds. Stir and repeat microwaving 30 seconds until smooth.
4. Add tbsp of milk to melted chips and stir until thin.
5. Spoon chocolate on top of shake in mini jars.
6. Smash in a marshmallow and toast it with a kitchen torch.
7. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of marshmallow and break a whole graham cracker into pieces. Place in mini jar as garnish.
8. Don’t forget to place a cute Ghirardelli Mini Square at the base for that serving appeal! Enjoy!