Orange Scented Chocolate Hazelnut Cherry Skillet
Whether you are in a hurry to make a tasty breakfast or a fabulous dessert, a semi-homemade fruit skillet is always a good option!
2 cans of refrigerated biscuits
1 can Cherry pie filling
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 orange zested and juiced
1 cup of chocolate chips
1/3 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep a 8-10″ cast iron skillet with a bit of melted butter.
2. Cut each biscuit dough into four pieces, I use scissors, and place in a large bowl.
3. Pour in melted 1/2 cup butter and sugar and mix with hands making sure all pieces get coated.
4. Zest and juice orange over biscuit pieces, mix well. Pour in can Cherry filling and be sure all biscuits are coated.
5. Mix in chocolate chips. Pour everything into iron skillet and bake 40-50 minutes until center is no longer jiggly. You may want to cover with tin foil at about 30 minutes if top begins to look too dark.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool to warm. Heat Chocolate Hazelnut spread in microwave until warm and fluid like (about 20 seconds) Drizzle over skillet and then top with powdered sugar.