Smores Cheesecake Eggrolls, Heaven In Every Bite!
I will apologize for your jeans becoming tighter, right now. This is a ridiculous and yummy over-the-top version of Smores. National Smores Day is August 7th, I will be throwing a few fun recipes your way, so you can celebrate properly. These sweet dessert eggrolls are really a smores lovers dream come true. Oooey-gooey and warm. Yes, the marshmallows survive the frying and become soft and delicate. Smores Cheesecake Eggrolls are simply divine.
Between the littles and I, they were gone by 10:30 this morning. Well hey, it’s summer and my kids burn so much energy playing outside in the pool, I figured “what the heck, dig in, dudes”. Yeh, mother of the year right here….I know 😉
I always seem to have these store bought eggroll wrappers on hand. They are so versatile and easy to use for sweet or savory dishes. I highly suggest you swing by the fresh produce department in the grocer store and pick up a pack to leave in your fridge. The filling of these crunchy, sweet treats is basically a graham cracker cheesecake, not overly sweet and has just the perfect amount of graham flavor with a hint of cinnamon to jazz it up.
Seriously, how can you look at these photos and not just want to dive right in and meet your caloric intake for the day?!
Let’s start baking…
Smores Cheesecake Eggrolls
Yields: 10 full size eggrolls
1 cup softened cream cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bag of regular size marshamllows
1 package of store bought eggroll wrappers
Melted chocolate for drizzling
water to seal the eggroll
vegetable oil for frying
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixer beat softened cream cheese until smooth and add in sugar.
3. Mix in vanilla and cinnamon. Beat until well combined and be sure to scrap the side so everything is incorporated.
4. Finally stir in graham cracker crumbs, mix thoroughly.
5. Take one eggroll wrapper and place it on the counter with a point towards your belly so it looks like a diamond shape.
6. Fill about 3 tbsp of graham cracker filling towards the center of the dough.
7. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top of the graham mixture.
8. Top with 3 regular size marshmallows. I only had jumbo marshmallows so I ripped mine into standard size to get them to fit properly.
9. Wet all edges of the eggroll wrapper with water. Pull the point of the wrapper dough that is towards your belly over the fillings
10. Next fold the sides into the middle and be sure to seal all openings.
11. Roll towards the only point left on the dough and reseal any openings.
12. Fry 375 degrees until light golden brown on both sides. Probably about 30 seconds on each side.
13. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to drain.
14. Garnish with powdered sugar and melted semi sweet chocolate (drizzle or dip)