Sugar Free Caramel Pecan Stuffed Mocha Latte Cookies
Many of you may be surprised to discover that I struggle with diabetes. A special thanks to my wonderful genes passed down through generations. For the most part, I try to eat a low carbohydrate and high protein diet. Thank God for products by Steviva Brands such as Nectevia, Monk Sweet, Fructevia, and Erysweet to save the day! Click on the links after the recipe to connect with Steviva Brands on social media.
My world truly does revolve around sugar! So when I can find products that work and react the same as real sugar in baking recipes, I go to town and bake my heart out.
Today, I am sharing with you my sugar free, gluten free, and low carb treats…Caramel Pecan Stuffed Mocha Latte Cookies. These are easy to make and healthy, but big on flavor. My Caramel Pecan Stuffed Mocha Latte Cookies are made with Erysweet sweetener and satisfy your sweet tooth with just one bite.
Caramel Pecan Stuffed Mocha Latte Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups Erysweet Sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 12 sugar free chocolate covered caramel pecan candy discs.
- In a mixer, beat butter and shortening until smooth.
- Add in Erysweet sweetener and beat 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Mix in espresso powder and vanilla extract.
- Remember to scrape sides down intermittently. Add in eggs.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum.
- Add in coconut flour and finally sugar free chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 1.5 tbsps. dough balls of cookie dough and place on parchment lined tray.
- Unwrap the sugar free, chocolate covered caramel pecan candies.
- Place one cookie dough ball in the palm of your hand and flatten into a disc.
- Put one caramel stuffed candy on top of the flattened dough ball.
- Sandwich another piece of cookie dough on top of the candy, hiding the caramel candy between the 2 pieces of cookie dough.
- Seal the sides completely and roll in hands. Gently flatten the top of the stuffed cookie dough.
- Do this for all of the cookie dough balls and place on parchment lined tray.
- After all of the cookie dough is stuffed with candy, place in freezer at least 2 hours until frozen solid.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool to just warm or room temperature. When cookies cool completely, the caramel will no longer be melty and gooey.
- To experience the melty, oozing caramel every time you eat a cookie, place back into microwave about 15-20 seconds!
For more information about Steviva Brands and products :