Sugar Free & Gluten Free Cinnamon Agave Kissed Toasted Walnut Pumpkin Cake
Pumpkin season is here. Sugar free lifestylers don’t be discouraged; I have you covered in sugar free, gluten free dessert options. I am completely obsessed with all things pumpkin. I love the spice of cinnamon and nutmeg swirled with an ultra moist, pumpkin sponge.
I have whipped up one of my classic pumpkin cakes, but instead of using sugar, I grabbed some products from Steviva Brands; MonkSweet, Fructevia, and Nectevia. To make this moist and tasty pumpkin cake gluten free, I substituted coconut flour for all purpose flour.
Steviva Brands are my go-to sugar substitutes because they react similar to real sugar in baking. These Steviva products make converting dessert recipes to sugar free super easy. I love eliminating sugar from desserts and serving them to my kids…they have NO idea they are eating healthy!
Cinnamon Agave Kissed Toasted Walnut Pumpkin Cake
Ingredients For The Pumpkin Cake:
- 1 cup Fructevia
- 1 cup MonkSweet
- 1 & 1/4 cups vegetable oil (may use unsweetened applesauce for half)
- 8 eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
Directions For The Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a bowl sift salt, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and coconut flour and set aside.
- In a mixer beat eggs and vegetable oil.
- Stir in Fructevia and MonkSweet until well combined.
- Add in vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Be sure to scrape sides of mixing bowl intermittently.
- Mix in pumpkin puree.
- Slowly stir in dry, sifted ingredients on lowest mixer setting. Mix until all flour is combined.
- Pour cake batter into prepared 9×13 pan. Bake 325 degrees for about 50-60 minutes, until center of cake is no longer jiggly.
- Allow to cool on counter. Please be sure cake is not hot while cutting. Because the cake is made with coconut flour, it needs to firm up during the cooling process.
Cinnamon Agave Toasted Walnut Topping
- 1 & 1/2 cups Nectevia
- 3 cups shelled walnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Place walnuts in a nonstick pan on medium low heat on stove top. Heat until nuts are fragrant and slightly toasted. Remove from heat and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add in Nectevia and stir well with a rubber spatula, coating all of the toasted walnuts.
- Mix in the cinnamon.
- Top on top of warm pumpkin cake.
For more information about Steviva Brands and products :