Summertime S’mores Cream Pops
By now ya’ll know my family really digs s’mores! And my husband, REALLY digs Ghirardelli Chocolate, actually it’s more like ANYTHING made with or by Ghirardelli. It’s been SO hot, the last thing on our minds is sitting by the campfire. Our dilemma though? We LOVE S’mores, especially made with Ghirardelli Chocolate. No joke, whenever a recipe or craving calls for chocolate, the ONLY kind the Evans’ grab is Ghirardelli! I quickly brainstormed after the kids were asking to have s’mores for dessert later tonight. We’ve seen and had s’mores ice cream, but it wasn’t that strong s’mores flavor I love. Why couldn’t I turn those yummy ingredients into a creamy, cold pop? The recipe that follows is a fun and absolutely, unique s’mores idea. Perfect for sitting out on lawn chairs or lounging by the pool enjoying family time and making memories. Afterall, that’s what I feel food is all about! Then come to find out through Twitter and Facebook this week, Ghirardelli announced their Ultimate S’mores Contest. Each week consists of a different theme around the Ultimate S’mores Idea! So much fun! And ever since Gracie received her winnings from Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Creative Kids Contest, she has been begging to enter another.
Summertime S’mores CreamPops
Yields: 6 full size pops
1. Half of a 1.5 quart vanilla ice cream (we will only use half so chose a brand you will eat later!).
2. 2 cups graham cracker crumbs ( 2 full sleeves,crushed).
3. 1/2 tsp cinnamon
4. One bag of Ghirardelli semi sweet chips
5. One cup of mini marshmallows
6. 6 mini Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares (or which ever flavor you love!).
One large piping bag or large spoon to scoop ice cream into cups
Large spoon to scoop chocolate mixture
6 clear plastic disposable cups
6 Popsicle sticks
1. Allow ice cream to soften and divide in half. Place half of vanilla ice cream in a microwaveable bowl and freeze other half for future use.
2. Microwave ice cream about 45 seconds until soft and mixable. Pour in graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon. Using electric hand mixer, combine thoroughly on lowest setting.
3. In another microwaveable bowl, empty Ghirardelli semi sweet chips and microwave 45 seconds then stir. Place back in microwave continue heating and stirring in 30 second intervals until melted smooth.
4. When melted chocolate is warm mix in marshmallows.
5. Open mini Ghirardelli mini chocolate squares and place each one in the bottom of the cup with the chocolate emblem facing down.
6. With graham cracker ice cream mixture in a piping bag, squeeze 2.5 turns of ice cream on top of chocolate square. Or scoop the ice cream using a spoon.
7. Next, use a spoon and scoop marshmallow chocolate mixture on top of ice cream. Spread out to cover the ice cream layer.
8. Use the over cream mixture again. Squeeze or scoop another good size layer on top of chocolate marshmallow layer.
9. Place Popsicle sticks in center and push down all the way to bottom.
10. Put in freezer at least 3 hours. Run hot water over outside of cup to loosen Summertime S’mores Cream Pops.
11. Enjoy and stay cool! BTW, this is what will happen when you take away the Summertime S’mores Cream Pop before they are finished!