Super Simple & Beautiful Sophisticated Holiday Bark
My No Bake Sophisticated Holiday Bark is such a show stopper at all of my holiday gatherings. It also makes the perfect gifts for coworkers, neighbors, and teachers. It is light, fruity, nutty, and perfectly sweet with the wonderful combinations of dark and white chocolates, orange, cinnamon, cranberries, and walnuts. Say good-bye to the expensive, mundane, store bought Holiday bark and hello to a bark that you can create with love. My Sophisticated Bark is so quick and delicious your friends will be begging you for the recipe.
This recipe was created for my family and it slowly became a staple in our gift giving during the Holiday season. My daughters can help make this simply scrumptious dessert. This flavor of my bark recipes is geared towards the adult crowd, who typically enjoys nuts and fruits with their dark chocolate desserts. I love giving a cutely wrapped dessert box filled to the top with my Sophisticated Bark. It is such a show stopper!
Let’s start baking…
Sophisticated Holiday Bark
1 cup of melted dark chocolate
1 cup of melted white chocolate
1/2 tsp orange extract
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
2. Place dark chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on 30 second intervals stirring in between. Stop when perfectly smooth.
3. Measure out 1/4 tsp orange extract and add to the melted dark chocolate.
4. With a spatula, pour and smooth chocolate onto parchment paper. Smooth into a large triangle about 1/8 inch thick (or whatever thickness you desire).
5. Place into freezer for 15 minutes until it hardens. Pull out of freezer.
6. Put white chocolate into a microwave safe bowl. Do the same as above. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between. When smooth, remove from microwave.
7. Add in 1/4 orange extract, stir until combined. Then add in cinnamon.
8. Pour and spread quickly over the frozen dark chocolate. Try to cover as much of the dark chocolate as possible.
9. Spread the dried cranberries and chopped walnuts into the wet white chocolate layer. Gently press down. Place into freezer about 10 minutes.
10. Using a food safe hammer, gently hit frozen chocolate to break into rustic pieces.