Super Simple & Cute Edible Robins Nest Decor
This post is gonna be short, cute, and sweet. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these cute little robins nests. How stinkin cute? Right? You and your kids will really enjoy making them to sit on top of your spring cupcakes, cakes, or just your dessert plates. They add a nice spring touch and show your guests that you went that extra mile to present them something a little special. As I have said before, I love Easter candy. These nests use the mini Whopper eggs, but by all means, use whatever cute little egg candies your heart desires 🙂
FYI, if you are a coconut lover, you should probably make a double batch because I ate 4 of these bad boys just while taking the photos…no lie. And since I am being honest, if you really want to enjoy your sweet toasted coconut, how about adding a small scoop of ice cream into the center and taking a nice, big bite. Mmm.
Let’s start baking…
Yields: 12 mini cupcake sized nests
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp granulated sugar
36 mini Whopper egg candies
Mini cupcake pan or you can use standard size and just make 6 big nests.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a medium microwaveable bowl. Mix in sugar.
3. Stir in coconut flakes and be sure to coat all of them with the butter.
4. Take about a tbsp full of the coconut butter mixture and place in each mini cupcake cavity.
5. Press down and form the shape of a nest. Imperfections are what make this even cuter!
6. Bake 325 5-6 minutes until the top edges and most of the sides are golden brown.
7. Allow to cool completely in the cupcake pan and remove when perfectly cool.
8. Add 3 mini egg candies to each nest.