The BigFoot Happy Camper Shake
There’s nothing like sipping on an ice cold, creamy milkshake on a hot summer day. One of my daughters favorite treats is an over-the-top shake.
My girls love all of the foods and flavors that celebrate camping life. From s’mores to popcorn, any kind of hand-held snack that’s reminiscent of outdoor family time, pulls at our heartstrings. When I saw Little Debbie Happy Camper Cakes, I knew just how to whip them into a delightful camp food-inspired dessert.
The Bigfoot Happy Camper Shake was wittingly named by my silliest little girl. Mason jars make a perfect mug for these gigantic milkshakes. My Bigfoot Happy Camper Shake is happily blended with frozen bananas, Little Debbie Happy Camper Cakes (chocolate) and dark chocolate almond milk. That’s right, NO ice cream in this swirled up concoction, so technically, it can pass as a smoothie! To make the milkshake scream camping, I dressed it up with chocolate and peanut butter drizzles, toasted marshmallows, banana chips, fresh popcorn, and a Little Debbie Happy Camper Cake. Don’t forget to add an adorable paper straw.
The Bigfoot Happy Camper Shake
Yields: 6-8 servings
- 3 Little Debbie Happy Camper Cakes, Chocolate
- 4 large frozen bananas
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of chocolate almond milk
- Start with 1 cup of chocolate almond milk and slowly add more until the consistency you like is achieved.
- Puree all of the above ingredients until completely combined.
- Chocolate fudge sauce, place in a squeeze bottle
- Peanut butter, melted and placed in a squeeze bottle
- Freshly popped popcorn
- Banana Chips
- Little Debbie Happy Camper Cakes
- Mini Marshmallows
- Take each mason jar and squeeze the chocolate sauce inside the rim, circling twice so it will drip down.
- Pour the shake inside of the mason jar, leaving about 1-2 inches of room from the top.
- Melt peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and place in a squeeze bottle. Drizzle around rim and outside of the rim, so it will drip down the jar.
- Take a handful of mini marshmallows and place on one side of the opening of the mason jar. Toast marshmallows with kitchen torch.
- Skewer the Little Debbie Happy Camper Cake on a straw, to help it stand upright, and allow it to lean on marshmallows.
- Fill open space in mason jar with popcorn.
- Place banana chips on the dripping peanut butter down the sides of the mason jar.