Ultimate Cake Batter Popcorn Balls
We’ve been on a huge popcorn binge lately. The little ladies just can’t get enough of this stuff and of course, I always seem to have more than enough boxes of Orville Redenbacher in the pantry. I was craving salty-sweet big time this week, but nothing was satisfying me…until this happened.
Yup, popcorn balls. But these aren’t your average, hard, Halloween treats. These babies were made with love, movie theater popcorn, cake mix, and M&Ms!!! Oh my, this just makes me smile. This classic portable treat was made in the response to all of you who wanted easy, cute, desserts using boxed cake mixes. There’s not a whole lot of explanation needed for this recipe. My eldest daughter actually made these completely on her own (she’s 8). So, I have faith in you 🙂
The only problem you may find is these Ultimate Cake Batter Popcorn Balls may disappear too quickly.
Let’s start baking…but not really 🙂
Ultimate cake Batter Popcorn Balls
Yields: 10-4″ popcorn balls
1/4 cup unsalted butter
6 cups popped popcorn
1/3 cup favorite dry cake mix
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-10 oz bag of regular size marshmallows
2 cups chocolate candies (M&Ms, we did a 4th of July theme)
1. Pop popcorn and place in a large bowl or tray.
2. In a large pot over low heat, melt butter.
3. Add in marshmallows and stir until smooth.
4. Remove from heat, add in vanilla and dry cake mix.
5. Mix this sticky combo well, so there are no lumps.
6. Pour over popped popcorn.
7. Spray hands with nonstick spray and start mixing popcorn with hands. Add in chocolate candies and keep mixing until well coated.
8. Spray hands again and form popcorn mixture into balls.
Enjoy the salty-sweet goodness with lots of giggles 🙂