What Do I Do With All Of These Candy Canes? Peppermint & White Chocolate Stuffed Cookies!
Christmas celebrations are all said and done. Now I find myself with an abundance of candy canes and peppermint hard candies. Oh what to do?! Well, I will show you how to use some of those candies up in a super yummy way. These Peppermint and White Chocolate Stuffed Cookies are sweet, buttery, salty, and minty all in one bite. Quite the little crowd pleaser and you won’t have those neglected candy canes hanging around your kitchen anymore.
Battling the ingredients and a couple of failed attempts, I finally nailed my idea to create a stuffed white chocolate cookie. I filled that tasty, buttery white chocolate cookie with a large piece of white chocolate and then brightened the flavor up with some crushed candy canes! I don’t like peppermint, in fact, I detest it ( I only use cinnamon toothpastes). BUT, I LOVE these cookies…and that alone says a lot.
For the New Year’s gatherings, these cookies are a must. They are pretty and delectable, really not a lot of trouble to make. You may, actually, want to make a double batch 🙂
Peppermint & White Chocolate Stuffed Holiday Cookies
Yields: 16 stuffed cookies
1/2 cup margarine made of 80% vegetable oil, softened
2 bars of white chocolate
1 cup of white chocolate chips, melted down equalling 1/2 cup
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
10-12 candy canes, crushed
1. About 20 minutes prior to baking, take the 2 white chocolate bars and break apart squares. Then cut squares into halves, leaving about 20 pieces of white chocolate. Place into a ziplock bag and stick into the freezer.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
3. In an electric mixer beat margarine until smooth. Add both sugars.
4. Put 1 cup of white chocolate chips into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between until smooth. It will give you 1/2 cup of melted white chocolate.
5. Stir white chocolate into margarine, sugar mixture.
6. Add in eggs. Then vanilla extract.
7. Mix in baking soda, salt and then flour-one cup at a time.
8. When dough comes together, scoop out 1 tbsp dough balls with a disher (scooper). Set aside. Remove white chocolate from freezer.
9. Take one dough ball and flatten in palm of your hand. Place one of the frozen pieces of white chocolate in the center. Take another dough ball and cover the white chocolate making a sandwich. Gently roll dough around white chocolate to seal it inside.
10. Place the crushed candy canes in a shallow bowl. Gently push filled dough into candy canes. Place candy cane side up on cookie sheet. Fill cookie sheet with 6 filled dough balls. About 2.5 inches apart.
11. Bake 375 degrees 11-12 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet until warm. Then eat to enjoy the oozing white chocolate or enjoy room temperature.
An easy and really yummy cookie. Everyone will be asking-How did you do that?!