White Chocolate Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats, A Fast And Yummy Dessert You Will Love!
If you live in Central Florida, you may have seen me on WESH 2 news on the CW 18, Friday, July 3rd. I was on with 2 of my daughters, Gracie and Gabby, presenting kid-friendly 4th of July desserts. I am a big advocate to get your kids in the kitchen and thanks to WESH 2, I was able to have the girls demonstrate our Glitter and Smore Pops. As we spoke about other dessert ideas, the camera panned across the table at these fine, squared beauties….White Chocolate Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats. Yes, they are amazing and pretty simple too.
These crunchy, bright red, sweet treats are made with Red Velvet cake mix. Yup, remember in my previous post I warned you to have extra cake mixes on hand because these Rice Krispie recipes are about to take over the blog (not to mention your life). In response to your requests for more “semi-homemade” treats for the hurried baker, I created these unique and simply brilliant White Chocolate Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats. This takes the simple Rice Krispie treat to an adult dessert level.
Let’s start baking…
White Chocolate Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats
Yields: 8×8 pan 9-16 pieces (depending how large of squares you cut)
6 tbsp salted butter
4 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup dry red velvet cake mix
1 tsp red food coloring
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
1 cup white chocolate morsels
1. Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick spray. In a large pot on low heat, melt butter completely.
2. Stir in marshmallows and continue mixing until butter and marshmallows are smooth.
3. Remove from heat and add in red velvet cake mix.
4. Next stir in vanilla and red food coloring. Be sure, there are no remaining lumps.
5. Mix in all of the rice cereal and coat mixture evenly.
6. Be sure the cereal mixture is just warm and not hot before adding in the white chocolate chips. Then stir in white chocolate chips.
7. Pour White Chocolate Red Velvet Rice Krispie Treats into the 8×8 lined pan. Spray your hands and smash the cereal mixture down into the pan. Allow to cool completely before lifting parchment from pan and cutting into pieces.
Enjoy! And remember to experiment with all of your favorite boxed cake mix flavors for this easy recipe (just omit the red food coloring).